Saturday, June 30, 2012

Trunk Redo!

One of my favorite things in the whole world is to go thrift store shopping. At school this past year, I ran across this old trunk. However, I just didn't see a need for it and left it at the thrift store. Later that day, I had to return to get it. I just couldn't leave it there! So here is my attempt to clean it up a bit!



Fixing the giant tears with some duct tape :D

 After three coats of spray paint

 After one coat of of-white interior paint from Walmart.

Here is the finished product! I ended up doing two coats of the off-white paint to make sure it was coated really well. I used 1/2 the quart of paint which was only $9 to begin with. Overall with the spray paint, brushes, quart of paint...etc...it cost me about $20. Yay for a brand new trunk!


Happy furniture re-styling!
Love,
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment