Sunday, November 27, 2011

Gobble Gobble - It's Susie's Favorite Holiday!

Naturally, a home-cooking lovin' Susie LOVES Thanksgiving! It was time to put my baking skills to the test! First up was a homemade key-lime pie. After juicing nearly 20 key limes (nearly impossible!) we mixed it up and had a yummy pie. That was easy :)

Then I made a German-chocolate cake. The cake part went off without a hitch. But then came the icing...After 3 attempts I was fed up. The first one burned. I scrambled eggs in the second. And the third was too runny. What would Susie do??? Just add corn starch and gelatin! Haha...as crazy as it sounds, it actually worked! Haha I love make-shifting :)

Last, I made two homemade pumpkin pies (follow the can recipe but double the spices - an old trick I learned from my Aunt Barb). I cannot claim homemade pie crust though. The Pillsbury kind is just too good :) I did have to figure out how to style it though...they turned out alright :)

After all of that, I was beat...and it was only Wednesday! Haha :) Thanksgiving was fabulous. I have so so much to be thankful for this year, and every year. It's hard to believe this Thanksgiving marks the two year anniversary of the start of my illness. God is so good to have pulled me through it all :)

Enjoy some pictures and happy baking!



 FAIL 1 - burnt
 FAIL 2 - Scrambled Eggs
 Fail 3 - runny...





Thanks!
Susie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment