Wednesday, November 30, 2011

T-Shirts!!! Who Knew?

After a fun trip to Walmart (I love Walmart!), I had a few t-shirts, and lots of ambition. My first craft was to make a purse/tote thing out of a t-shirt :D

 Start with a plain shirt :D
Cut the sleeves off, then cut the neck out

Once you have a shirt with no neck or sleeves, 1) make once slit in the hem at the bottom of the shirt (don't cut past the sewing). 2) Then attached a safety pin to a cute (matching) piece of ribbon. The slit will have opened up a tunnel for you. 3) Just feed the safety pin through the tunnel (the hem). When it comes out of the hole, undo the safety pin and 4) tie a cute bow :D This should cinch the bottom of the purse for you :D 

And there you have it!!!



After that exciting project, I tried out "watermarking" a shirt! You start with a plain white shirt. 

Steps:
1) Write anything you want on the shirt with regular Elmer's glue (some people say to wet the shirt first - I did not and it worked great)
2) Let it dry
3) Dye it! (I dyed mine in the dorm sink with R.I.T. dye)
4) Wash it (by itself!!! You don't want it to bleed on any of your clothes) - PS - I may or may not know this from experience...
5) Dry it and enjoy!!!




Stayed tuned for the Christmas watermarked shirt!!!
PS - If you don't feel like making a shirt, I'm selling mine :) Email me at tlj4165@gmail.com if you are interested in any of my crafts!

Love 
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment