Monday, March 5, 2012

Polka Spots and Yellow Roses

I got the most lovely flowers from a special someone a few weeks ago. My mom taught me this trick to saving beautiful flowers that people give you - drying them out. I took two of the prettiest roses out of the bouquet and hung them upside down with a rubber band (on the hook on the back of my door). They took about 3 days to dry completely. But then I realized...I have no vase to put them in :(

So Susie started out to make a cute vase for the dry roses.

Walmart List:
     -yellow tissue paper, a fun print tissue paper
     -mod podge and brushes
     -black puff paint
     -cheap glass vase

I simply tore up the yellow tissue paper and mod-podged it onto the glass vase. After it dried, I cut out and applied a strip of the polka spotted tissue paper around the middle of the vase. When all of that was dry, I used the black puff paint to do some detailing and write my initial (Susie's real initial is T :P ) haha. Anyways, it was super easy and fun! Try it out!!!







Happy crafting!
Love,
Susie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment