Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My My My My My Boogie Shoes :D

Back in the fall semester, I dyed a pair of white keds from Target. I thought it would be super fun to paint a pair this time! Overall, with the shoes, paint, and everything else, these shoes were under $20. Next time, since I already have the paint, the only cost will be the cost of the shoes :)

First I drew some fun patterns on the shoe with a pencil. I traced over the lines with black puff paint.


Later, after letting that dry, I painted the orange (orange acrylic paint) in between some of the lines.


Lastly, I painted the blue. It helped me a lot to water down the paint a little bit. It seemed to go on smoother that way. Also, I always had a q-tip handy just in case I got a little heavy handed with the paint.


Super Easy! Give it a try!!!

Love,
Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment